Tuesday, December 18, 2012
An oil lamp appears responsible.
An apparent accidental living room carpet fire damaged a second-level apartment at Park Village on Route 30 late this morning. An oil lamp apparently caused the fire, which was reported at 11:13 a.m., Westborough Fire Lt. Stephen Doucet said at the scene. "There was an oil lamp that was running the flame, and somehow it either tipped over or caught something on fire next to it," he said. No injuries were reported from the fire, which happened in Building Q of the apartment complex at 135 East Main St. (Route 30), near Route 9, Doucet said. Maintenance evacuated the occupants, he said. The apartment had smoke, and some flame damage, to the carpet, and the floor below the carpet, Doucet said. "The occupant is staying with a friend," he said.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
The following information was obtained from the logs of the Westborough police and fire departments and scanner reports. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Here are excerpts from the Westborough police and fire logs. Please note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests; other than that, we pick out incidents you might find interesting. Sunday, May 13 1:56 a.m.: An ambulance was requested on Nash Street. Westborough paramedics, Officer Joshua Croft and Sgt. Chester Hallice assisted at the residence. A patient was taken to the hospital. 4:53 p.m.: A 4-year-old child was reported missing at the Park Village apartment complex. Officers Michael Daniels, Laura Grasso and Dean Paine were joined at the scene by Chief Alan Gordon, St. Robert Fryer and Det. Gary Hassett. The boy was said to be autistic and nonverbal. His father reported that he …
Monday, May 14, 2012
The boy was reported missing by his father less than an hour before his body was found.
A 4-year-old boy drowned in the pool of the Park Village apartments on East Main Street on Sunday, May 13. He was reported missing by his father at 4:55 p.m. and said to have been missing for about an hour. According to a statement by Worcester County District Attorney Joseph D. Early, Alexie Lepoer of 135 East Main St., Apt. R4, was found in the murky water of the pool. Divers from the Westborough Fire Department pulled his body from the pool shortly after 5:30 p.m. and attempts were made to resusitate him. According to scanner reports, police initially suspected that the boy left his family’s apartment through a window. His diaper was found near the pool. He was described as being autistic and non-verbal with dirty blonde hair and blue…
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Managers of the apartment complex report that none of the victims had renters' insurance.
An unattended open flame from a burning oil lamp is being blamed for the Feb. 21 fire at the Park Village apartment complex on East Main Street, according to Westborough Fire Department Lt. Brian Roberts. He said the finding was announced after an investigation by the Westborough Fire Department, the Westborough Police Department and the Massachusetts State Fire Marshall's Office. “The fire started in apartment 8 of the G building,” he said. That unit was an upper floor corner apartment. “The fire is not believed to be intentional.” The fire was reported at 10:50 a.m. on Tuesday morning and escalated to a 4-alarm fire in about an hour. Fire crews from ten neighboring towns arrived to help. Two Westborough firefighters, Jerry Jette and …