Marlborough then outscored the Rangers 34-10 the rest of the way, for a 34-24 win on Joseph R. Mewhiney Field.
The Rangers (0-4) led 17-14 at halftime.
Senior tri-captain-quarterback Dan Orlando's one-yard touchdown run, and senior Jack Chuma's extra-point kick, put Westborough ahead 7-0 with 1:47 left in the first quarter.
Senior Scott Erickson's 4-yard touchdown run, and a Chuma kick, put the Rangers ahead, 14-0.
Marlborough (4-0) then tied the score by scoring the next two touchdowns: on a 68-yard pass from senior tri-captain-quarterback John Rumney to senior Matt Thall, and a kick by senior Kevin Chilin, with 10:28 left; and senior Jose Caquias' 9 run with 4:04 left (Chilin kick).
But, Chuma kicked a 25-yard field goal with 10.4 seconds left in the half to restore Westborough's lead.
Marlborough reclaimed the lead for good in the third quarter, on a 17-yard run by Caquias with 4:04 left.
Rumney's 67-yard pass to senior Alec Deveau with 2:16 left made the score Marlborough 27, Westborough 17.
Westborough cut the lead to three, 27-24, when junior Michael Heffernan ran for a one-yard touchdown, and Chuma kicked the extra point, with 20.9 seconds left in the quarter.
But the Panthers' defense held strong in the fourth quarter. And Marlborough closed the scoring with 18.8 seconds left in the game, on a Rumney 17-yard pass to Thall, and a Chilin kick.
Westborough hosts Quabbin at 1 p.m. next Saturday, which is Westborough High's Homecoming.
Marlborough hosts Nashoba at 7 p.m. Friday.
- Dan Orlando 1 run with 1:47 left (Jack Chuma kick): WB 7, MB 0
- Scott Erickson 4 run with 10:53 left (Chuma kick): WB 14, MB 0
- John Rumney 68 pass to Matt Thall with 10:28 left (Kevin Chilin kick): WB 14, MB 7
- Jose Caquias 9 run with 4:04 left (Chilin kick): WB 14, MB 14
- Chuma 25 FG with 10.4 seconds left: WB 17, MB 14
- Caquias 17 run with 4:04 left (kick failed): MB 20, WB 17
- Rumney 67 pass to Alec Deveau with 2:16 left (Chilin kick): MB 27, WB 17
- Michael Hefferman 1 run with 20.9 seconds left (Chuma kick): MB 27, WB 24
- Rumney 17 pass to Thall with 18.8 seconds left (Chilin kick): MB 34, WB 24