Selectmen met there even as signs stated the building is closed.
The building closed last Friday, when the assessing, town clerk, town accountant, treasurer-collector, MIS/GIS, selectmen/town manager and town counsel offices moved to temporary quarters.
Westborough Town Hall will be renovated.
Voters at the March 16 annual town meeting approved the borrowing of $7,354,063 for the project, which is expected to take 12 to 14 months.
The town departments' temporary locations are:
- Assessor/Accountant: Forbes Municipal Building Room 24.
- Treasurer/Collector: Forbes Municipal Building Room 25, the current health department office.
- Town Clerk: Forbes Municipal Building Room 26, the current historical commission office.
- Health Department: Central One Federal Credit Union second floor.
- Historical Commission: Westborough Public Library children's area.
- MIS/GIS: Department of Public Works building.
- Recreation: Forbes Community Building.
- Selectmen/Town Manager: Department of Public Works building.
- Town Counsel: Department of Public Works building.