Perron shared the personnel changes during last Tuesday night's board of selectmen meeting.
"That completes our promotions and appointments for a few years to come, I believe," Perron said.
"Just the command staff will be taking the department and the town probably through the next 10 to 15 years."
- Capt. Robert Rand, to staff supervisor, succeeding Calvin Lawence, who retired.
- Stephen Doucet to captain, from lieutenant. Doucet has served 13 years on the fire department, and serves as the advance life support coordinator, Perron said.
- Patrick Purcell to captain, from lieutenant. Purcell has 20 years of experience in the fire service, and serves as the fire and police departments' infection control officer, and the fire department's grant writer, Perron said.
- Ed Manion to lieutenant, from firefighter. Manion has been with Westborough Fire for 25 years, and serves on the fire department's dive team, Perron said.
- Keith Lermond, to lieutenant from firefighter. Lermond came to Westborough Fire from Northbridge Fire 12 years ago, Perron said. Lermond has 18 years of fire and EMS experience, coordinates fire department's SAFE public education program for Westborough students, and founded Westborough Fire's car seat safety program, "which is probably one of the best in Massachusetts," Perron said.
- Kenneth Ward, to lieutenant from firefighter. Ward also came to Westborough from the Northbridge Fire Department, Perron said. Ward has 18 years of experience, and 10 years in the Army Reserves. He is the Westborough Fire Department's dive team coordinator.
The new firefighters are:
- Logan Trainer, who started at Wesborough Fire as a high school senior. "I did hold the record for being the youngest appointee at 20 years old. Logan has me beat. He's 19 years old. So, Logan will be with the town for quite a few years to come," Perron said.
- Rob Barton, who has 15 years of experience, and came to Westborough from the Southbridge Fire Department.
- Bill O'Connor, who has 12 years of experience, and came to Westborough from the Auburn Fire Department.