Carpet Fire Damages Park Village Apartment

An oil lamp appears responsible.

An apparent accidental living room carpet fire damaged a second-level apartment at Park Village on Route 30 late this morning.

An oil lamp apparently caused the fire, which was reported at 11:13 a.m., Westborough Fire Lt. Stephen Doucet said at the scene.

"There was an oil lamp that was running the flame, and somehow it either tipped over or caught something on fire next to it," he said.

No injuries were reported from the fire, which happened in Building Q of the apartment complex at 135 East Main St. (Route 30), near Route 9, Doucet said.

Maintenance evacuated the occupants, he said.

The apartment had smoke, and some flame damage, to the carpet, and the floor below the carpet, Doucet said.

"The occupant is staying with a friend," he said.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »