Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. The 12 Church St., is hosting a free community breakfast from 8 to 11 a.m. All-you-can-eat pancakes will be served. The group is also collecting donations of nonperishable food items for the
2. There is a moving sale at 1 Olde Hickory Path from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Among the items for sale: grand piano, paintings, washer and dryer, diningroom set, Persian run, hutch, wine rack, fox jacket, snow blower, rakes, lamps and more.
3. , 3 John St., is hosting a rummage sale today from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Items offered include clothing, books, jewelry, baby items, children’s toys and more. The money collected from the sale will go in part to support the church youth group on its mission trip to Portland, ME where they will work with refugees from Africa and the poor through a group called The Root Cellar.
4. At 4 p.m., the 55 West Main St., is holding a reception for student artists from Gallery in the Pines in Hudson. Work from the students, including some from Westborough, is currently on display at the library. The exhibit continues to June 16.
5. Operation Sail, a nonprofit organization, is sponsoring an essay and an art contest for high school students called The Star Spangled Banner and War of 1812 Essay and Art Contest. One grand prize winner will receive a ride on the Coast Guard tall ship Eagle as it sales into Boston for OpSail 2012 from June 30 to July 5. For details about the contests visit www.opsail.org.
Is there something that you would like others to know today? Like, "Hey, the Preakness is today!" Go ahead and post it in the comments!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Westborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the Westborough Patch newsletter with our top stories, click here.