Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. The , for students entering grades 6 to 10, features a whale watching trip on Wednesday, July 11 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. A bus will pick up and drop off students at The cost for the day is $20. For information or to register, call 508-366-3090.
2. The Rotary Club of Westborough holds its weekly meeting at restaurant at noon. The luncheon is $15 and begins at 12:15 p.m.
3. It’s Bingo Night at the hall, 17 Willow St. Action begins at 6:25 p.m. and the doors open at 4:45 p.m. Admission is $16.
4. 2012 Summer Concert Series features the High Society Orchestra. The free concert begins at 7:15 p.m. Parking is available at In case of rain, inside seating will be exclusively for Willows residents and their guests.
5. AAA of Southern New England reported a drop in gasoline prices of six cents this week. This is the tenth consecutive week of decreases. The group’s June 25 survey found self-serve, regular unleaded averaging $3.379 per gallon, six cents less than a week ago. The current price is four cents less than the national average for self serve unleaded of $3.41. A year ago at this time the Massachusetts average price was $3.64.
Is there something that you would like others to know today? Go ahead and post it in the comments!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Westborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the Westborough Patch newsletter with our top stories, click here.