Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. Allergy sufferers, beware. According to weather.com, tree pollen will be high today in Westborough, and grass pollen will be very high. Expect temperatures to reach the mid 70s.
2. , 35 Chauncy St., is hosting an American Red Cross blood drive today from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. All donors will receive a free Red Sox t-shirt and a coupon good for a free case of Walgreens spring water. Call 1-800-REDCROSS or visit redcrossblood.org for an appointment. Walk-ins welcome.
3. The US Department of Labor will host a retirement plan compliance assistance seminar on June 6. The seminar is designed to help small business owners understand their fiduciary responsibilities when operating private sector retirement plans. It is free and open to the first 90 registrants. The program will take place at the JFK Federal Building, 15 New Sudbury St. in Boston, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Registration must be completed no later than June 4. Information can be found at http://s.dol.gov/S9.
4. The Westborough Economic Development Committee will hold its monthly meeting on Tuesday, June 5 at 8 a.m. at the building, 131 Oak St. The meeting is free and open to the public.
5. As a year-end gift, individuals, groups or classes can make a tax-deductible donation to the Westborough Education Foundation in appreciation of wonderful teachers. The teacher will receive notification acknowledging the gift. A notification of receipt will be sent to each contributor for tax purposes.To learn more, email email@example.com.
Is there something that you would like others to know today? Go ahead and post it in the comments!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Westborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the Westborough Patch newsletter with our top stories, click here.