Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events and reminders to help you organize your day.
1. Rangers varsity ice hockey team is hosting Marlborough at 8 p.m. The free event is open to the public and will take place at 15 Bridle Lane. Go Rangers!
2. will be showing a brand new DVD release tomorrow at 11 a.m. and again at 6:30 p.m. The movie stars Brad Pitt and is about the Oakland Athletics general manager and his efforts to lead his team to a winning season despite limited financial resources. Feel free to take snacks. Call library at 508-366-3050 for more information. Adults only.
3. To report instances of abuse, neglect and fraud related to the Medicaid system in Massachusetts, Attorney General Martha Coakley launched an online form to send complaints. The Medicaid Fraud Complaint or Fraud Reporting Form, located on the AGO’s website, allows residents to report instances of Medicaid fraud and misconduct electronically to the Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Division for referral.
4. A new Robert Half survey suggests some employers are willing to dole out more cash when making employment offers. More than one third (38 percent) of executives interviewed said they are more willing to negotiate salary with top candidates than they were one year ago. Good news, job hunters!
5. Travel Leaders released results of a survey to identify the latest business travel trends for 2012. Among the findings:
- Nearly 77 percent of those polled indicate business travel bookings will equal or exceed last year’s levels.
- Over 97 percent of those polled have business travel clients who use electronic boarding passes at airport.