Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day.
1. The Siloam Lodge of Masons, 12 Church St., is hosting a free community breakfast from 8 to 11 a.m. All-you-can-eat pancakes will be served. Stop by and learn about Masonry. The group will be collecting donations of nonperishable food items for the Westborough Food Pantry, so tuck away a donation to share at the event.
2. The Westborough Community Education Day Camp 2012 online registration is now open. Brochures were sent out in backpacks and can also be found on the Community Education website.
3. According to a new World Vision 30 Hour Famine study, conducted online in January by Harris Interactive, 55 percent of teens say social media sites like Facebook and Twitter made them more aware of the needs of others. This is an increase from 2011 when 44 percent said their use of social media made them more aware.
4. Massport offers parking updates via email based on dates of travel. When parking conditions change, the customer who subscribed for updates during that time period receives an email update. To sign up, visit http://www.massport.com/ParkingConditionSubscription/.
5. The Westborough Senior Center will be closed on Monday, Feb. 20 for President’s Day. There will be no home delivered or congregate lunch and no minibus or volunteer transportation. The center will reopen on Tuesday, Feb. 21 at 9 a.m.