Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day.
1. Happy Valentine’s Day! (You remembered, right? Just in case you need it, here are numbers to three florists in town: , 508-836-5554; , 508-898-3434; , 508-366-1907)
2. The Westborough Woman’s Club meets today at noon at the 8 Church St. A light luncheon will be served at noon, followed by a business meeting at 12:30 p.m. There is a guest fee of $2. Reservations can be made by calling Reggie at 508-366-1822.
3. The Board of Selectmen meet at 6 p.m. at . The meeting is free and open to the public. If you have something you would like to say to the board, there is an open forum at the start of the meeting at which the public is invited to comment.
4. The MBTA is holding a public meeting about its proposed fare and service changes. The meeting will be today from 6 to 8 p.m. at Framingham Town Hall, 150 Concord St. The public is encouraged to participate. If you cannot make the meeting, the MBTA invites public comment, questions and ideas at email@example.com.
5. , 45 East Main St., will host a fundraiser for Susan G. Komen for the Cure on Thursday, Feb. 16 from 7 to 9 p.m. Holly Raissipour arranged the event. For information, contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.