Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events and reminders to help you organize your day.
1. Happy Birthday, Westborough Patch! One year ago, Westborough Patch was born with a mission to make your life ridiculously easy. Now, with over 700 Facebook fans, over 250 Twitter followers and an incredible batch of website visitors who stop by Westborough Patch daily, we continue to bring you headlines, photos, events, traffic, weather, blogs, business information and more – helping to make your life, well, ridiculously easy!
2. Today is National Salespersons Day. Go sell something! Annually celebrated on the second Friday of December, the date is set aside to recognize those talented folks who get us to spend our money – hopefully, in a more educated way.
3. Two free fly tying clinics will be offered at the , 1 Rabbit Hill Road. The first clinic, Basic Fly Tying, will take place January 17, 19, 24, 26. The second clinic will be Advanced Fly Tying and will be held on February 7, 9, 14, and 16. Space is limited. Enroll by calling Jim Lagacy at (508) 389-6309 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. With $100,000 for the public schools up for grabs in the now is the time to stock up on holiday lighting. In a statement, National Grid said using light-emitting diode (LED) lights saves on energy costs over traditional lighting. LED lights use only .05 watts per bulb. Ten sets of 100 LED lights will cost the typical residential customer about $1.35 a month to operate.
5. Holiday spirit can be found all around Massachusetts, with light displays, caroling, concerts and more. The Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism offers a list of holiday events taking place around the state on this website. Fa la la la la, la la la la!