Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. An ecumenical Good Friday service will take place at today at noon. All are invited.
2. Runners interested in joining the Dana-Farber team to run the 40th Annual Falmouth Road Race are asked to visit www.RunDanaFarber.org or call 617-632-1970. The team will run the 7 mile route through Cape Cod’s coastal community to raise funds for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund.
3. The posted an immediate vacancy for an adapted physical education teacher (.1 FTE) to work at on Mondays. Those interested are asked to send a letter of interest and resume to Principal Maryann Stannard by April 11.
4. There are only 11 days left to file your tax returns. Both state and federal income taxes are due on April 17. According to Mass.gov, nearly 1.3 million tax filers out of an estimated 3.4 million have yet to file their state income tax. Massachusetts tax returns are due on April 17 because April 15 is a Sunday and April 16 is Patriot's Day.
5. Barney and Friends premiered on this day 20 years ago. The PBS preschool program brought us a purple dinosaur, Baby Bop, BJ and that memorable tune, I Love You, You Love Me. Yes, now it will be stuck in your head for today. Enjoy.
What will you be doing today? Is today your birthday? Post your comments and tell our readers!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Westborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the Westborough Patch newsletter with our top stories, click here.