Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. athletics are hosting three home games this afternoon. At 3:30 p.m., the boys varsity baseball team hosts Holy Name Central Catholic. Also at 3:30 p.m., the girls varsity tennis team will take on Worcester North High School. At 4 p.m., the boys varsity lacrosse will host North Middlesex Regional High School. Go Rangers!
2. The , 55 West Main St., is showing a free movie for adults today at 11 a.m., with a second showing at 6 p.m. In honor of the Titanic Centennial 2012, the library will be showing a black and white movie based on Walter Lords’ documentary of the sinking of the Titanic. For the movie title, call the library at 508-366-3050.
3. , a boutique located at 21 South St., is celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Titanic with a party from 6 to 8 p.m. Signature punch and petit tea sandwiches will be served. Customers are invited to wear their “finest Titanic sailing outfit.”
4. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration(NOAA) released its March 2012 National Overview report. According to NOAA, the average temperature across the US was 8.6 degrees above the 20th century average. The Northeast had its warmest March in 118 years this year, averaging 44.4 degrees, 9.8 degrees above the average for the region.
5. Today is National Licorice Day, celebrating black licorice.
Is there something that you would like others to know? Maybe you want to say, “Happy 65th Birthday, David Letterman!” Go ahead and post it in the comments!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Westborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the Westborough Patch newsletter with our top stories, click here.