.

Ski Swap Draws Steady Stream

Westborough Explorer Post 85 Emergency Service Squad again sponsored the event.

Skis and snowboards have been tried on for size today, nearly two weeks before winter officially starts.

Westborough's 45th Annual Ski Equipment Sale and Swap drew a steady stream of traffic to the Hastings Elementary School.

Westborough Explorer Post 85 Emergency Service Squad again sponsored it.

The event is the post's major fundraiser for the year. Those dropping off items receive 85 percent of the price, if it sells. The post receives the other 15 percent.

The post dedicated this year's sale and swap to Joseph Breen, "one of the original Ski Swap founders." Breen died on Monday.

"He will be missed by all," the post noted at its information table.

Winter officially begins at 6:21 a.m. Dec. 21, according to the Old Farmer's Almanac.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something