As a result of the recent agreement between the state and CSX, the Massachusetts Bay Commuter Rail has added six new train times to the Framingham/Worcester weekday commuter rail schedule.
According to a press release issued yesterday by the MBCR, three new outbound trains will be added as well as three new inbound trains. The new schedule will go into effect Monday, Oct. 29.
To view the updated schedule, click the .pdf to the right.
Two of the three new inbound trains will not stop at the Newton stations, which include Auburndale, West Newton and Newtonville.
The new train times were only added to the regular, weekday schedule; there will be no changes to the current weekend service.
In addition to the six new trains this month, there will also be one inbound special express and one outbound special express added next spring. The goal of 20 roundtrips will be hit a year from now, according to Lt. Governor Tim Murray's office.
Specifics on the new train times are included below:
Outbound from South Station
- Train #511 - Departs South Station at 10:30 a.m. and arrives in Framingham at 11:27 a.m.; Worcester/Union Station at 12:05 p.m.
- Train #515 - Departs South Station at 1:15 p.m. and arrives in Framingham at 2:08 p.m.; Worcester/Union Station at 2:48 p.m.
- Train #539 - Departs South Station at 11:25 p.m. and arrives in Framingham at 12:21 a.m.; Worcester/Union Station at 1:01 a.m.
Inbound to South Station
- Train #520 - Departs Worcester/Union Station at 12:20 p.m. and arrives at South Station at 1:55 p.m. Note: This train does not stop in Auburndale, West Newton or Newtonville.
- Train #522 - Departs Worcester/Union Station 2:10 p.m. and arrives at South Station at 3:45 p.m.
- Train #538 - Departs Worcester/Union Station 9:30 p.m. and arrives at South Station at 11:00 p.m. Note: This train does not stop in Auburndale, West Newton or Newtonville.