Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. Varsity sports will dominate the fields of this afternoon. Grab some friends, enjoy some fresh air and — you know the old line — become an athletic supporter! At 3:30 p.m., the girls softball team welcomes Nashoba Regional High School and the boys tennis team takes on Hudson Public Schools. At 3:45 p.m., the boys baseball team hosts Nashoba Regional High School. Go Rangers!
2. A free story time is taking place at thanks to members of Westborough High School Student Council. The read aloud runs from 5 to 6:30 p.m. All ages are welcome. Guardians must stay with their kids. For information, contact Addie Egan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. It’s Bingo Night at Westborough Hall, 17 Willow St. Game time is 6:25 p.m. Admission is $16.
4. The Westborough Newcomers Club is hosting a fundraiser at, 45 East Main St., from 7 to 9 p.m. The private shopping event will include refreshments. Proceeds will benefit the group’s charitable giving fund. In addition, Jenny Boston is donating a percentage of today’s sales during regular hours, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. For information about the event, contact email@example.com.
5. Westborough Girl Scout Troop 30635 is hosting a Mother’s Day Tea on May 6 at the hall. The event runs from 2 to 4 p.m. and includes children’s crafts and activities and refreshments. All girls ages 5 and up are invited. For reservations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Leslie at 508-366-8142.
Is there something that you would like others to know today? Go ahead and post it in the comments!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Westborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the Westborough Patch newsletter with our top stories, click here.