Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. If you find yourself in the this week, take a minute to hug an officer — okay, you can opt for a handshake. This is National Police Week, signed as such in 1963 by a Presidential Proclamation.
2. varsity athletes invite you to see them in action today. The girls tennis team welcomes Groton-Dunstable Regional High School, the girls softball team takes on Quabbin Regional High School and the boys baseball team hosts Quabbin Regional High School. All games begin at 4 p.m. Go Rangers!
3. Volunteers are wanted for the All Elementary String Concert on Wednesday, June 6, to help the third grade string players line up and walk from the cafeteria to the auditorium. If interested, contact email@example.com.
4. If you are in need of a walker, cane, commode or shower seat, the may be able to provide those for you at no charge, thanks to help from the and Call 508-366-3000 for more information.
5. The Massachusetts Department of Transportation Secretary and CEO Richard Davey is encouraging residents to bicycle during Bay State Bike Week, which begins today and runs through May 20. Hundreds of events across the commonwealth have been planned and groups and individuals can participate by signing up at www.baystatebikeweek.org.
Is there something that you would like others to know today? Go ahead and post it in the comments!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Westborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the Westborough Patch newsletter with our top stories, click here.