Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. Looking for a fun community activity this weekend? The Fales Elementary School's Fales Family Fun Day is from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday. Admission is $3 per child. Parents are admitted free.
2. Support Westborough High School athletics:
- Gibbons Middle School cross-country vs. Melican Middle School of Northborough, at Veterans' Freedom Park, 3:30 p.m.
- Varsity field hockey at Marlborough, 3:30 p.m.
- Freshman field hockey vs. Hopkinton, at WHS baseball field, 3:30 p.m.
- Freshman girls soccer vs. Hopkinton, at Hopkinton Field 5, 3:30 p.m.
- Freshman volleyball at North Middlesex, 4 p.m.
- JV volleyball at North Middlesex, 4 p.m.
- JV field hockey at Marlborough, 5 p.m.
- Freshman boys soccer vs. Hopkinton, at Hopkinton Field 5, 5 p.m.
- Varsity volleyball at North Middlesex, 5:15 p.m.
- Freshman football vs. Shrewsbury, 9 a.m. Saturday
- Varsity girls cross-country in Girls Varsity Invitational, at Quabbin, 10 a.m. Saturday
- Varsity field hockey vs. Westford Academy, at WHS, 11 a.m. Saturday
- JV boys soccer vs. Ludlow, at Baird Middle School, 11 a.m. Saturday
- Varsity boys soccer vs. Ludlow, at Ludlow Senior High School, 11 a.m. Saturday
- Varsity boys cross-country in Boys Varsity Invitational, at Wachusett, 12:30 p.m. Saturday
- JV field hockey vs. Westford Academy, at WHS, 12:30 p.m. Saturday
- Varsity football at Shrewsbury, 2 p.m. Saturday
3. Meanwhile, the Westborough public schools have two coaching vacancies: Gibbons Middle School boys basketball coach, and Westborough High School varsity alpine ski coach. Interested candidates should contact WHS Athetic Director Johanna DiCarlo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. And on Saturday, St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church will host a children's concert at 10:30 a.m. Children’s musician Nick Deysher (who grew up in St. Stephen’s parish), and his wife, Tracey Freitag, will perform. No tickets are needed for the concert but goodwill donations will be accepted at the door. Suggested donations are $5 per child, or $10 per family. For more information, call 508-366-4134.
5. Also on Saturday, the Tatnuck Bookseller is holding an event for author Hank Phillipi Ryan about her new book, "The Other Woman." The event is from 10 a.m. to noon.