Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. Support Lyn Evans' team in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk, on Oct. 14. Today, at the Christopher Blue Trunk Show in Westborough, Matt Reimer, rep for Christopher Blue, will be donating $5 for every customer who tries the CB line. For more information about the team, visit its page.
2. Support Westborough High School athletics:
- Gibbons Middle School boys and girls cross-country vs. Melican Middle School of Northborough, at Veteran's Freedom Park, 3:30 p.m.
- Varsity field hockey vs. Hudson, at WHS, 3:30 p.m.
- JV field hockey vs. Hudson, at WHS, 5 p.m.
- Freshman volleyball at Notre Dame Academy of Hingham, 4 p.m.
- JV volleyball at Notre Dame Academy of Hingham, 5 p.m.
- Varsity volleyball at Notre Dame Academy of Hingham, 6 p.m.
- Varsity football at Milford, 7 p.m.
- Freshman football at Milford, 9 a.m. Saturday
- Varsity boys and girls cross-country at Wrentham Invitational, 9:30 a.m. Saturday
- Freshman boys soccer at Algonquin, 10 a.m. Saturday
- Freshman girls soccer at Algonquin, 10 a.m. Saturday
- Freshman field hockey at Algonquin, 11 a.m. Saturday
3. Arts in Common is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Bay State Green. Check out Westborough Patch's preview.
4. Westborough Patch hears that throughout October, the Westborough Hair Cuttery salon will collect donations associates to support Passionately Pink for the Cure, a program of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
5. Author Paul Pacific will discuss his new book, "The Spirit Within: How We Are Connected to God Each Other and All Things," from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday at Tatnuck Bookseller.