That's according to the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources.
"Despite the late summer dry spell, early rain made this year’s pumpkin crop bountiful and healthy," agency officials said Thursday in a press release.
More than 500 Massachusetts farms are growing pumpkins this fall, agency officials said.
The Westborough-area growers include:
- Heirloom Harvest CSA in Westborough
- Harvey's Farm and Garden Center in Westborough
- Olde Nourse Farm in Westborough
- Tougas Family Farm in Northborough
- Pine Ridge Farm in Boylston