1. Volunteer for a town board.The following boards and committees need members, according to selectmen
- 300th Anniversary Committee: nine members
- Charter Review Committee: three members
- Conservation Commission: one non-voting associate
- Historical Commission: one member, two non-voting associates
- Housing Partnership Committee: one member
- Open Space Preservation Committee: two members
- Recreation Commission: one non-voting associate
2. Consider taking a cold swim.
In Your Shoes, a giving circle, will hold a Polar Plunge from 1 to 3 p.m. Dec. 8 at Lake Chauncy. Selectmen approved it Tuesday night after meeting with Co-Founders and Co-Presidents Terry Gavin and Debi Ledoux.
3. In case you missed it.
Westborough has a new café. The Sunflower Café opened at the Green Thumb this past Sunday.
4. Attend the BNI meeting.
BNI meets from noon to 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Tatnuck Bookseller event room.
5. Root for the Rangers.
Here is Wednesday’s Westborough High School sports schedule:
- Gibbons Middle School cross-country: at Trottier Middle School, 3:30 p.m.
- Golf: at St. John’s, at Wachusett Country Club, 3:30 p.m.
- Freshman boys soccer: at Medway, 3:30 p.m.
- Freshman girls soccer: at Medway, 3:30 p.m.Varsity field hockey: at Westford Academy, 4 p.m.
- JV boys soccer: vs. Ludlow, at Gibbons Middle School, 4 p.m.
- Varsity boys soccer: vs. Ludlow, 4 p.m.
- Varsity field hockey: at Westford Academy, 5:30 p.m.