1. Sign up for a babysitter class.
The American Red Cross Babysitter Class run by Westborough Youth and Family Services has spaces available.
The nine-hour class runs from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the Forbes Municipal Building.
Students must be at least age 11, reside in Westborough, and take the entire course.
The cost is $65. For more information, call 508-366-3090.
2. Get screened for depression.
Westborough Youth and Family Services will participate in National Depression Screening Day next week.
Free screenings will occur from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 10 in WYFS’ office, in the Forbes Municipal Building. Screenings may be scheduled by calling 508-366-3090.
3. Root for the Rangers.
Here is Thursday’s Westborough High School sports schedule:
- JV golf: vs. St. John’s, at Westborough Country Club, 3:30 p.m.
- JV boys soccer: vs. Hudson, at Gibbons Middle School, 4 p.m.
- Varsity girls soccer: at Hudson, 4 p.m.
- JV girls soccer: at Hudson, 4 p.m.
- Varsity boys soccer: vs. Hudson, 4 p.m.
She and her former Ohio State varsity rowing teammates were honored during last Saturday night's Wisconsin-Ohio State football game. The rowing team won the 2013 NCAA Division 1 championship, and were undefeated during the season.
5. In case you missed it.
The National Athletic Trainers' Association has presented its Safe Sports School Award to Westborough High School's athletic program.