1. Root for the Rangers.
A number of the Westborough High School fall sports teams open their seasons on Tuesday. The schedule is:
- Golf: vs. Marlborough, at Westborough Country Club, 3:30 p.m.
- Varsity girls soccer: at Holy Name, 3:30 p.m.
- JV girls soccer: vs. Holy Name, at Mill Pond School, 3:30 p.m.
- Varsity field hockey: vs. Leominster, at WHS turf field, 4 p.m.
- JV volleyball: vs. Westford Academy, at WHS gym, 4 p.m.
- Freshman volleyball: vs. Westford Academy, at WHS gym, 4 p.m.
- Varsity volleyball: vs. Westford Academy, at WHS gym, 5:15 p.m.
- JV field hockey: vs. Leominster, at WHS turf field, 5:30 p.m.
- JV boys soccer: at Grafton, 5:30 p.m.
- Varsity boys soccer: at Grafton, 7 p.m.
He's been promoted to Westborough Fire lieutenant, according to the department's Facebook page.
3. It's National Emergency Preparedness Month.
The Westborouygh Fire Department's guide can be found online.
4. Register for a dance class.
Laurene Aldorisio's Academy of Dance Expressions is holding registration for new and returning students from 3 to 7 p.m. at 45 East Main St.
5. The planning board gets Chick-fil-A again this week.
A discussion of a draft decision on the restaurant's special permit application is at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Forbes Municipal Building Suite 23.