Town Election Season Starts Today
Nomination papers for the 10 offices on the ballot are available from the town clerk's office.
Westborough re-enters election mode today, less than one month after voting for state and federal leaders.
Nomination papers for the Tuesday, March 5 annual town ballot become available this morning from the town clerk's office, at Westborough Town Hall, Town Clerk Nancy Yendriga said Sunday.
Residents have until 5 p.m. Friday, Jan. 11 to take out papers. The deadline for filing papers signed by 50 registered voters with Yendriga for certification is 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 15.
Ten offices are on the ballot: three 3-year terms on the trustees of the Westborough Public Library; two 2-year terms each on the board of selectmen and the school committee; a five-year term on the planning board; a five-year term on the Westborough Housing Authority; and a three-year term on the Westborough Housing Authority.
The incumbents are:
- Selectmen: Leigh A. Emery, 5 Emery Road; Timothy A. Dodd, 13 Summer St. No. 9
- School committee: Bruce Tretter, 144 East Main St. No. 1; Stephen C. Doret, 23 Mill Road
- Trustees of the Westborough Public Library: Helena K. Engberg, 14 Adams St.; Karen D. Griegal, 15 Belknap St.; Geralyn A. Kohler, 8 Fox Lane
- Planning board: Joanne M. Mallozzi, 11 Blossom Court
- Westborough Housing Authority (five years): Julie M. Pappazsis, 1606 Windsor Ridge Drive
- Westborough Housing Authority (three years): Charles E. Naples, 36 Ruggles St. No. 1
The deadline for objecting to or withdrawing nomination papers is 5 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 31.
The deadline for registering to vote in the annual town election and the March 16 annual town meeting is 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.