Gear Up For Westborough Ski Swap
The 45th annual event is Dec. 8.
Soon, Westborough residents will prepare for the slopes by stopping at the Hastings Elementary School.
Westborough's 45th Annual Ski Equipment Sale and Swap is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8 at Hastings.
Westborough Explorer Post 85 Emergency Service Squad again is sponsoring it.
The event is the post's major fundraiser for the year, said Dana Haagensen, one of the post's adult advisers. Those dropping off items receive 85 percent of the price, if it sells. The post receives the other 15 percent.
Community members' equipment donations will be accepted only from 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7 at Hastings, post press secretary Curtis Rand said.
A variety of skis, snowboards, ice skates and other winter gear will be available.
"The person who brings it decided what price they want to put on it," adult adviser Robert Rand said.
The items' condition vary, but the post will not accept items that appear unusable or unserviceable, he said.
Haagensen said the post lists "ski bindings that can't be serviced" on its website.
"They can check that list ahead of time before they get to the drop off. It saves everybody a lot of time," he said.