8 Stories That Had Us Talking This Week
Reunion photos, town veterans and a poll on Westborough’s most dangerous intersection are among the top stories.
1. On Saturday, Nov. 5, Westborough High School class of 1976 held its 35th high school reunion at The Grafton Inn. Westborough Patch posted the story and photos from the event.
2. Westborough Youth and Family Services and The Rotary Club of Westborough, with the help of Westborough Girl Scouts, set up the annual free Holiday Store on Monday, Nov. 7. Families in need can make an appointment with WYFS to choose gifts for the holidays.
3. Where do you think is the most dangerous intersection in Westborough? Our poll has already generated over 100 votes and readers have nominated additional locations, too. Be sure to get your vote in and tell us which intersection in town you find to be the most dangerous.
4. Now that money is available for a fix, Westborough officials are considering some options to keep trucks from hitting the low hanging railroad bridge on East Main Street. Could a red light help to solve the problem? Find out how it might be used.
5. Do you remember the police call box that was on the rotary? In a blog this week, former Westborough Police Chief Glenn Parker told the story of the call box and shared a personal photo.
6. Troops stationed in Italy had a plaque specially made for Westborough Boy Scout Troop 382. Last year, boys from Troop 382 sent care packages to troops overseas, not expecting to be thanked in such a generous way.
7. The Westborough Senior Center held its annual Veterans Luncheon. Westborough Patch was there and we shared over two dozen photos of town veterans, each including the veteran’s name and service.
8. The annual Veterans Day ceremonies included wreath-laying at four town locations. In addition, a number of dignitaries were on hand to speak to the crowd. Westborough Patch shared this video from the event.