5 Things You Need to Know Today: Sept. 26
Westborough resident donates $8,000 to charity.
Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events and reminders to help you organize your day.
1. Mark Silverman of Mark’s Moving in Westborough donated more than $8,000 to the Joe Andruzzi Foundation, which provides financial assistance to cancer patients and their families and funds pediatric brain cancer research. He presented the check during the company’s Family Fun Day at Fenway Park.
2. The Friends of the Westborough Senior Center will hold its annual fall membership meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 27, at 1 p.m. at the Westborough Senior Center. An annual membership costs $5. The nonprofit group helps to raise funds for items not provided by the town or state. For more information, contact Priscilla at 508-366-4538.
3. Good Shepherd Lutheran Church will host a yard sale on Saturday, Oct. 1 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tables can be reserved for $15. Donations are also welcomed at the church. All proceeds will help send teenagers to the 2012 ELCA Youth Gathering in New Orleans.
4. Arts in Common takes place on Saturday, Oct. 1 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Bay State Commons and Bay State Green. The event is free and includes performers, artists, a silent auction, children’s activities and food.
5. The Friends of the Westborough Senior Center are collecting new or gently used jewelry for its Fall Fair, which is scheduled to take place on Nov. 19. Jewelry may be dropped off at the center.