5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 6
Westborough Patch readers are urged to flag inappropriate comments.
Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. As editor of Westborough Patch, I am happy to accomodate public discourse and, for the most part, find it healthy and educational. But recently, some questionable comments have been made that include name calling and inaccurate information. Please note that all readers can flag a comment as inappropriate to bring it to the attention of Patch editors, and I urge you to do that with any comment you find to be inappropriate.
2. Bingo takes place at the Westborough Knights of Columbus, 17 Willow St., beginning at 6:25 p.m. Doors open at 4:45 p.m. Admission is $16.
3. The New England Revolution will hold tryouts for its Revolution Academy Under-14 team, as well as its existing Under-16 and Under-18 teams, at Gillette Stadium on Monday, July 2. There is no fee to try out, but all prospective players must register for the tryout no later than Sunday, July 1. Registration information is available at www.revolutionsoccer.net/academy/2012-open-tryouts.
4. Westborough author Kim Harrington’s book release party for Sleuth or Dare #2: Sleepover Stakeout will be at Tatnuck Bookseller on Saturday, June 9 at 4 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. There will be games and prizes. All of Kim's books will be available for purchase and signing. For more info: http://www.kimharringtonbooks.com or http://www.tatnuck.com/events_detail.php?eventid=AE060912.
5. The Westborough Senior Center Men’s Breakfast Club will meet on Wednesday, June 13 at 8:30 a.m. This month’s menu will be scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, toast and coffee. All men are invited to attend. Call 508-366-3000 to make a reservation. Cost for breakfast is $2. Transportation is available.
Is there something that you would like others to know today? Go ahead and post it in the comments!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Westborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the Westborough Patch newsletter with our top stories, click here.