5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 26
What is the name of that movie? You know, the one with Glenn Close? She plays a woman passing as a man.... I can name that movie in three notes...
Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. The Westborough Public Library presents a free movie for adults today at 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.What movie, you ask? Apparently, the library can’t tell us due to licensing. But, here’s the deal: It stars Glenn Close who plays a woman passing as a man in order to work and survive in 19th century Ireland. The movie is free. You can call the library at 508-366-3050 for the title. Do you know the title? Tell us in the comments!
2. The Hot Summer Nights program, for students going into grades 6 to 10, is offering a craft night on Monday, July 9 from 6 to 8 p.m. The program takes place at the Forbes Municipal Building and includes water color painting, decoupage art, friendship bracelets and jewelry making. The cost is $5. For more information, call 508-366-3090.
3. Mandatory water restrictions remain in place for Westborough. For more information, click here.
4. For information about Massachusetts beach closings and potential waterborne diseases, the Department of Public Health created an online tool with information on beach closings. The site also provides water quality history for all beaches. The site is updated regularly throughout the summer.
5. The Board of Selectmen meets at 6 p.m. in Town Hall, 34 West Main St. The meeting is free and open to the public. Have a say in town government decisions.
Is there something that you would like others to know today? Go ahead and post it in the comments!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Westborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the Westborough Patch newsletter with our top stories, click here.