5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 25
Have you been thinking about getting a cat?
Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. June is Adopt a Shelter Cat Month, sponsored by the ASPCA. Adopt a cat and celebrate!
2. At 7 p.m., it is Vic and Sticks Rhythm Band sounding off with a free family program at the Westborough Public Library, 55 West Main St.
3. On Friday, June 29, Old Sturbridge Village is offering the third of occasional $5 Fridays and will roll back its admission prices to just $5 for visitors who arrive before noon that day. The special one-day $5 price applies to adults, seniors and youth ages 3 to 17 (children 2 and under are free), but does not apply to educational groups of 10 or more. For details, call 800-SEE-1830 or visit www.osv.org.
4. MassDOT and Registry of Motor Vehicles Registrar Rachel Kaprielian join the New England Organ Donor Bank in encouraging all Massachusetts license and ID holders to be an organ and tissue donor. If you are not yet a donor, you may sign up online for no fee at the RMV website.
5. The Massachusetts Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons and the American Academy of Ophthalmology report that of the 9,000 fireworks-related injuries each year, 21 percent impact the eyes and more than half of the victims are young children or teenagers. For fireworks safety tips, visit www.geteyesmart.org.
Is there something that you would like others to know today? Go ahead and post it in the comments!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Westborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the Westborough Patch newsletter with our top stories, click here.