5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 15
Some former Patriots players are in Westborough today.
Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. The Westborough Police Association will be playing the New England Patriots Alumni Foundation in a softball game at Rogers Field. The game starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $10 each. Former Patriots and our local police will be available for photographs and autographs. For information, call 508-366-3066.
2. The Westborough Little League will hold a special end-of-season celebration on Saturday, June 16 beginning at 4 p.m. at the fields behind Target. The 12-year-old graduation classic baseball game will kick-off the fun, followed by the 6 p.m. championship game for the major league players. All are welcome to the free afternoon of baseball.
3. Weather.com reported that there will be high levels of grass pollen today. Tree pollen is starting to subside from its spring highs and is now measuring in moderate amounts. The high today is expected to be in the mid 70s.
4. The Willows at Westborough will begin its 25th Annual Summer Concert Series on Wednesday, June 20 with a free performance by the Interborough Community Band at 7;15 p.m. The outdoor concert takes place at the corner of Route 30 and Lyman Street. Free parking is available across the street at the Hastings Elementary School parking lot.
5. The Massachusetts unemployment rate reached its lowest in nearly four years last month, falling from 6.3 percent in April to 6.0 percent in May. Despite adding 7,500 new jobs last month, a survey from staffing firm Robert Half International found that 72 percent of Massachusetts employers say it is at least somewhat challenging to find skilled talent today.
Is there something that you would like others to know today? Go ahead and post it in the comments!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Westborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the Westborough Patch newsletter with our top stories, click here.