5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 4
How have you been celebrating International Pooper Scooper Week?
Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day.
1. Have you scooped some poop today? This is International Pooper Scooper Week, April 1 through 7. The Association of Professional Animal Waste Specialists organized the week to educate pet owners on the importance of cleaning up after their dogs. Visit www.apaws.org for more information.
2. The Westborough Dollars for Scholars fundraiser takes place at Wendy’s, 300 Turnpike Rd., today. Fifteen percent of evening proceeds will go to the organization. Visit the website for more information. www.westboroughdollarsforscholars.org.
3. Gasoline prices in Massachusetts are up three cents this week, the third consecutive week of increases, according to AAA Southern New England. AAA’s April 2 survey of prices in Massachusetts found self-serve, regular unleaded averaging $3.799 per gallon, three cents more than a week ago and six cents higher than a month ago.
4. The Westborough School Department posted the following anticipated vacancies for the 2012-13 school year:
- .5 Special Education Team Chair
- .5 School Psychologist Armstrong School
- .5 BCBA (District-wide)
Submit a letter of interest, resume, letters of reference and copy of certification by April 9 to Maureen Ferguson, director of pupil personnel services.
5. Fales Elementary School is collecting food today for the Westborough Food Pantry. In March, the school collected a record 652 items. Organizers are hoping to pass that amount today. All are welcome to donate.
Is there something that you would like to add to this column today? Is today your birthday? Post your comments and tell our readers!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Westborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the Westborough Patch newsletter with our top stories, click here.