5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 20
Baseball, bulls, a bus and breakfast are all making news this morning.
Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. Westborough High School Rangers boys varsity baseball team is playing Algonquin Regional High School, 79 Bartlett Street in Northborough, at 11 a.m. Go Rangers!
2. Today begins the astrological sign of Taurus.
3. There is a free, all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast at Siloam Lodge, 12 Church St., from 8 to 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 21. Donations welcome. There is also a nonperishable food collection to benefit the Westborough Food Pantry.
4. The Westborough Historical Society is sponsoring a public bus tour on Sunday, May 6 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. The bus will leave Bay State Commons and travel Westborough with a guided tour of homes and historic sites that tell the town’s history since it was founded in 1717. Tickets are $5 and seating is limited. Call Kris Allen at 508-366-0312 to make a reservation.
5. The Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development reported that the Bureau of Labor Statistics' preliminary March 2012 estimates show that Massachusetts added 8,700 jobs over the month, for a total of 3,241,600 jobs. The total unemployment rate dropped to 6.5 percent, 0.4 percentage points below the February rate of 6.9 percent and well below the national rate of 8.2 percent.
Is there something that you would like others to know today? Go ahead and post it in the comments!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Westborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the Westborough Patch newsletter with our top stories, click here.