5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 16
If we call it Marathon Monday, does that insinuate that the day will go on for a very long time?
Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. Happy Boston Marathon Day! Today is the 116th running and it is expected to draw a half million spectators.
2. With thousands of fans expected to attend various Marathon Monday events throughout the Boston area, the MBTA will operate additional service to accommodate ridership. The commuter rail service in Westborough will operate on its regular weekday schedule. Due to the dramatically increased ridership, customers should expect delays throughout the day. For service information, including all delays, check T-Alerts.
3. There will be an all-you-can-eat free pancake breakfast at Siloam Lodge, 12 Church St., on Saturday, April 21 from 8 to 11 a.m. The free monthly event is offered as a community service and as an opportunity for those interested to learn about Masonry. Donations will be accepted. There will also be a collection of nonperishable food items for the Westborough Food Pantry.
4. The Westborough Public Library is accepting applications for the position of library assistant. This is a non-union position, 12 hours per week, with a starting salary of $15.96 per hour. Those interested should submit a resume and cover letter to Kristi Williams, Assistant Town Manager/HR Director, 34 West Main St., Westborough or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 23.
5. The Westborough Police Department, in conjunction with the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration, will conduct a drug take back day on April 28. The event will take place at the Department of Public Works facility at 131 Oak St. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. All unwanted medications can be dropped off with no questions asked.
Is there something that you would like others to know today? Like, “Happy 65th Birthday, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar!” Go ahead and post it in the comments!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Westborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the Westborough Patch newsletter with our top stories, click here.