5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 10
Have a great photo of siblings?
Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. The tree pollen is high today, according to Weather.com.
2. At 7 p.m., A.S. King will be in Westborough to discuss Please Ignore Vera Dietz. The author of the first-ever community reading project will speak and sign copies of her book at Tatnuck Booksellers, 18 Lyman St. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact the Westborough Public Library at 508-366-3050.
3. The Gibbons Middle School and Westborough High School choral concert begins at 7:30 p.m. at Westborough High School, 90 West Main St. Admission is $5. Featured groups include Mixed Chorus, Women’s Chorale, Concert Choir, Chamber Singers, Choral Union Men, Choral Union Women and the Gibbons Middle School Chorus. Westborough Fine Arts Department family passes will be accepted.
4. Gas prices in Massachusetts are up eight cents this week, the fourth consecutive week of increases, reports AAA Southern New England. AAA’s April 9 survey of prices in Massachusetts found self-serve, regular unleaded averaging $3.879 per gallon, eight cents higher than a week ago and sixteen cents higher than a month ago. The current price is five cents below the national average for self serve unleaded of $3.92.
5. The Westborough Tennis and Swim Club is hosting its 3rd Annual Walk/Run for Pancreatic Cancer Research on Sunday, April 29. To support, register or donate, visit www.lustgarten.org or call 1-866-789-1000. All donations go directly to The Lustgarten Foundation.
Is there something that you would like others to know today, like, “Hey, it’s National Siblings Day”? Go ahead and post it in the comments! Tell your brother how much you love him. Or, better yet, post a photo with your siblings!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on the latest Westborough news, or simply hit the "like" button at the top of this page. If you'd like to receive the Westborough Patch newsletter with our top stories, click here.