5 Things: Ready for the Weekend?
From a blood drive to a cheerleading fundraiser, there is plenty happening in town.
Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
Here are five events to be aware of this weekend.
2. Support Westborough High School athletics:
- Varsity football at Auburn, 7 p.m.
- JV football vs. Auburn, at WHS, 10 a.m. Saturday
- Varsity boys cross-country in Boys Varsity District E Championships, at Gardner Golf Course, 10:30 a.m. Saturday
- Varsity girls cross-country in Girls Varsity District E Championships, at Gardner Golf Course, 11:30 a.m. Saturday
- JV football vs. Grafton Memorial, at WHS, 11:30 a.m. Saturday
3. The Knox Trail Council Boy Scouts will be picking up donations Saturday for their Scouting for Food, Good Turn for America drive.
4. An American Red Cross blood drive will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church. There will be a drawing to win a $50 Thanksgiving dinner gift card.
5. Jenny Boston will host a fundraiser for Westborough Youth Cheer from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday. A percentage of the proceeds from sales during this period will benefit the cheerleading program.