5 Things: Planning Board Discusses Veteran's Freedom Park
Looking for something to do in Westborough? Consider these ideas.
Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. The Westborough Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. at the Forbes Municipal Building. The agenda includes a 7 p.m. public hearing on an Oct. 15 special town meeting article regarding structures at Veteran's Freedom Park.
2. Support Westborough High School athletics:
- Varsity boys and varsity girls cross-country vs. Marlborough, at Veteran's Freedom Park, 3:30 p.m.
- Varsity golf at Groton-Dunstable, at Groton Country Club, 3:30 p.m.
- JV boys soccer vs. Quabbin, at Gibbons Middle School soccer fields, 4 p.m.
- Varsity boys soccer vs. Quabbin, at WHS, 4 p.m.
- Varsity girls soccer at Quabbin, 4 p.m.
- JV girls soccer at Quabbin, 4 p.m.
- Freshman volleyball at Wachusett, 4 p.m.
- JV volleyball at Wachusett, 4 p.m.
- Varsity volleyball at Wachusett, 5:15 p.m.
3. A preschool storytime will be held at 1:30 p.m. at the Westborough Public Library.
4. Tatnuck Bookseller hosts Insightful Readings With Jacki Rose from 6 to 8 p.m.
5. The Westborough Economic Development Committee meets at 9 a.m. in the DPW classroom on Oak Street. The agenda is here.