5 Things: Newcomers Club Hosts Holiday Shopping
Wondering what's happening in Westborough today? Consider these ideas.
Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. The Chateau will host an Armstrong Elementary School fundraiser from 11:45 a.m. until closing. During this time, 20 percent of the guest's bill, including on takeout orders, will be donated to the school's Change X Hunger program. Guests must present the flyer on the school's website.
2. The Westborough Public Library hosts a discussion of the book "The House on Salt Hay Road," by Carin Clevidence, at 10:30 a.m.
3. Now through Nov. 25, call or visit any Especially for Pets location, including the Westborough store, and purchase either a 40 lb. Diamond Naturals Beef & Rice Dog Food ($34.99) or a 30 lb. Blue Buffalo Chicken Adult Dog Food ($45.99). Especially for Pets will match this donation to help animals displaced by Hurricane Sandy.
4. The Westborough Newcomers Club holds a Night of Holiday Shopping from 7 to 9 p.m. at St. Luke's Parish Center. The club invites local merchants to sell their products at a multi-vendor holiday shopping event. All proceeds will be going to the club's community giving fund, which goes back to local charities in Westborough.
5. Interested in volunteering in town government? Selectmen say these groups have vacancies:
- Conservation Commission: two non-voting associates
- Country Club Operating Committee: one non-voting associate
- Cultural Council: one non-voting associate
- Historical Commission: two non-voting associates
- Personnel Board: one member