5 Things: Diabetes Awareness Forum, and the Health Board Meets
Looking for something to do today in Westborough? Here are some suggestions.
Each morning, Westborough Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. Learn about diabetes during the Rotary Club of Westborough's second annual “Living With Diabetes (Type 2)” program at 6:30 p.m. at the Mill Pond School.
2. Support Westborough High School athletics: the JV golf team plays Marlborough at 3 p.m. at the Marlborough Country Club. The varsity golf team hosts Marlborough at 3:15 p.m. at the Westborough Country Club. The JV and varsity boys soccer teams travel to Shrewsbury at 3:30 p.m. The JV (Mill Pond) and varsity (WHS) girls soccer teams host Shrewsbury at 3:30 p.m. The varsity boys and girls cross-country teams travel to Groton-Dunstable at 4 p.m. And the freshman, JV and varsity girls volleyball teams host North Middesex. The freshmen and JV matches start at 4 p.m., and the varsity at 5:15 p.m. Go Rangers!
3. The Westborough Board of Health meets at 5:30 p.m. at the Forbes Municipal Building. The agenda is here.
4. Commerce Bank's annual clothing drive for the Salvation Army runs at its 13 branches until Sept. 21. The Westborough branch, at 5 East Main St., is participating.
5. The Westborough Senior Center and Council on Aging offers cribbage at 9:30 a.m.