Westborough Recreation Presents Winter Line-Up
Westborough Recreation has released its new winter program line-up.
There are classes for preschool age, grade school age and adults. All programs are for Westborough residents only and are first-come,first served with limited enrollment. Children must meet the age requirements by the start of the program in order to be eligible.
To register, visit www.westbororec.com .
- Bollywood Dance: Open to ages 18 and up. The program will run on Thursdays starting Jan. 3 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Hastings Elementary School cafeteria.
- CrossFit: Open to ages 18 and up. See the website for times available. The cost is $99.
- Gymnastics: Open to ages 18 months and up. The class is held at the Mass. Gymnastics Center, 74 Otis St. on Wednesdays starting Jan. 3. The class is open to ages 18 to 36 months with parent participation. The cost is $100.
- Volleyball: Open to girls in grades four to eight. The program will run on Fridays from Jan. 4 to Feb. 15 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Gibbons Middle School Gym. WHS Varsity Coach Roger Anderson is the instructor. The cost is $65.
- Athletic Revolution for ages six to nine, 10 to 13, and 14. All programs are instructed by Matt Travis. See the website for dates, times and fees.
- Karate for ages four to six and seven to 12. The classes held at Metrowest Martial Arts at 74 Otis St. starting Jan. 7. See the website for times. Students may attend up to three classes per week for $85, which includes a uniform.
- Ice skating for ages four and up: Beginner ice skating lessons will be taught by the North Star Figure Skating Club at the North Star Youth Forum on Bridle Lane. Rental skates are available for $4 per week. The program runs on Wednesdays from 6:20 to 7:10 p.m., or Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to noon from Jan. 5 to April 6 and runs for 12 weeks. The fee is $190.
- Tae Kwon Do for ages four to six and seven to 12. The classes will be held at Kim’s Tae Kwon Do, at 168 Milk St. Two 6-week sessions are being offered starting Jan. 7. There are different days and times for each age group. Participants can attend up to two classes per week for $85, which includes a uniform.
- Jazzercise for adults will be held at Jazzercise of Westboro, 168 Milk St. Adults may purchase a special unlimited pass to all classes at the studio for $70. The pass is good for six weeks starting Dec. 10 or Jan. 21.
- Tennis for ages eight to 14, and adults, will be offered in hour-long lessons held at the Westboro Tennis & Swim Club on Sundays starting Jan. 6 or Feb. 17 for six weeks. The youth and adult classes are separate. The fee is $115.
- Tai Chi and Kickboxing for adults: all classes will be held at Metrowest Martial Arts & Wellness, 74 Otis St. Participants may attend as many of the three classes as they want. Two six-week sessions will be offered, starting Jan. 7 and Feb. 25, both for six weeks. The fee is $60.
- Men’s Basketball for ages 30 and up: A drop-in program runs Jan. 4 to June 7, on Tuesday and Friday from 8 to 9:30 p.m. The cost is $40. The program will be held at the Gibbons gym on Tuesdays and the Forbes gym on Fridays. A Sunday program for ages 18 and up will be held from 8:30 to 10 a.m. or 10 a.m. to noon at the Forbes gym. The cost is $30.
- Zumba for adults will be offered Wednesdays from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Hastings Elementary School cafeteria. Two sessions will be offered, starting Jan. 11 and March 7. The instructor is Martha Convers. The fee is $65.